Why Invest in Military Marketing?
- The military community is big…Service members including DoD Active Duty Army, Navy, Air Force and Marine Corps, Reserves and Retirees equate to 3.5 million individuals, not including family members, veterans and recruits.*
- Millennials, a tough to reach demographic, make up a about half of enlisted Active Duty Service Members
- Approximately 50% of Active Duty Personnel are married
- Annual Pay Raise
- Longevity Raise- approximately every 2 years
- DLA- Dislocation Allowance for PCS is additional income to reimburse the service member for relocation costs
- BAS- Basic Allowance for Subsistence is additional income to cover service member food costs
- BAH-Basic Allowance for Housing is additional income that covers the costs of living off base
- Cost of Living Allowance additional income to account for discrepancies in “high-cost” locations throughout the continental U.S.
- The military community is mobile. PCS (Permanent Change of Station), Deployment (Overseas Transfer) and TDY (Temporary Duty) keep the military moving. Monies spent on relocation are vast.
- About 42% of military families have children
Military Media has been in business since 1974 and we’ve placed thousands of military marketing ads for hundreds of national (and local, yes we do it all) clients on a variety of different media platforms, so it’s safe to say we have an unsurpassed wealth of knowledge when it comes to military marketing. But do you want to know the most important thing we’ve learned over the years, and the sole reason you should be developing a military marketing campaign??
…THE MILITARY IS A COMMUNITY, A LIFESTYLE, A FAMILY… NOT JUST A MARKET. So have we convinced you yet? NO? When it comes to military marketing you’ve got to understand this:
The military community has created a livelihood, a bond among one another that makes the military as a whole, one giant family. And that family, like any other, shares information. When a military spouse finds a product or brand that they love, be it for the brands’ commitment to the military or a product that helps combat every day military struggles like deployments , military spouses share his or her affinity for the brand or product. And boy do they “share” it…every social media platform with hashtags and likes and pins. It circulates from one small community or base to another and another. And for you it means Money. Well. Spent.
Sound like a military marketing strategy that you want to take advantage of? Email us or call 845-454-7900 and learn more.