Why Invest in Military Marketing?
· The military community is big…Service members including DoD Active Duty Army, Navy, Air Force and Marine Corps, Reserves and Retirees equate to 3.5 million individuals, not including family members, veterans and recruits.*
· Millennials, a tough to reach demographic, make up a about half of enlisted Active Duty Service Members
· Approximately 50% of Active Duty Personnel are married
· Annual Pay Raise
· Longevity Raise- approximately every 2 years
· DLA- Dislocation Allowance for PCS is additional income to reimburse the service member for relocation costs
· BAS- Basic Allowance for Subsistence is additional income to cover service member food costs
· BAH-Basic Allowance for Housing is additional income that covers the costs of living off base
· Cost of Living Allowance additional income to account for discrepancies in “high-cost” locations throughout the continental U.S.
· The military community is mobile. PCS (Permanent Change of Station), Deployment (Overseas Transfer) and TDY (Temporary Duty) keep the military moving. Monies spent on relocation are vast.
· About 42% of military families have children
Military Media has been in business since 1974 and we’ve placed thousands of ads for hundreds of national (and local, yes we do it all) clients on a variety of different media platforms, so it’s safe to say we have an unsurpassed wealth of knowledge when it comes to the military. But do you want to know the most important thing we’ve learned over the years, and the sole reason you should be developing a military campaign??
…THE MILITARY IS A COMMUNITY, A LIFESTYLE, A FAMILY… NOT JUST A MARKET. So have we convinced you yet? NO? When it comes to advertising to the military you’ve got to understand this
The military community has created a livelihood, a bond among one another that makes the military as a whole, one giant family. And that family, like any other, shares information. When a military spouse finds a product or brand that they love, be it for the brands’ commitment to the military or a product that helps combat every day military struggles like deployments , military spouses share his or her affinity for the brand or product. And boy do they “share” it…every social media platform with hashtags and likes and pins. It circulates from one small community or base to another and another. And for it means Money. Well. Spent.
The military market is a vast one. Being in business and working with a wide variety of military advertisers, we understand the complexities of reaching the military
10 States with Highest Active Duty Military Populations are: These 10 states account for approximately 70% of the Active Duty members residing in the U.S.
*Data gathered from the Executive Summary of the 2014 Demographics Report: Profile of the Military Community published by the Office of the Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense (http://download.militaryonesource.mil/12038/MOS/Reports/2014-Demographics-Report.pdf)